Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in colaboration with the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises project in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers. Thus, the National Project Coordinating Office of the LIFE-ND hereby request applications from suitable qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted position:
Job Title: Agribusiness Promotion Support Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Agribusiness Promotion Support Officer will support the Agribusiness Promotion Coordinator in carrying out her duties as it relates to the creation of jobs using the incubator-incubatee Model, focusing on the identification, selection, training and retraining of potential youth and women to learn and start profitable agro businesses.
- Be involved in the development of agri-enterprises, business plans in agricultural commodity production processing, storage and marketing
- Coordinate the alignment of the CORY cumulum to project requirements including modules on vilage level enterprise group formation, savings mobilization and entrepreneurship development activities
- Support market access to build strong business and value chain orientation to selected youth and women in the project area and
- Explore capacity development of Agriculture value chain Financing models along production processing and marketing.
- Assist to develop activities for the annual work plans and budget (AWPB)
- Assist in overseeing selection process of incubators
- Assist in development of training curriculum for incubators and incubates
- Assist to coordinate the development and implementation of bankable business plans, marketing promotion strategies, product branding and linkage to service providers and markets
- Assist in identifying actions and mechanisms for the promotion and use of value addition technologies post-harvest handing processing, storage and packaging
- Support the development of MoU with all categories of service providers (mechanization, agrodealers, sprayers etc.) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) on areas of engagement and line and terms of support from the project for review by the Agribusiness Promotion Coordinator
- Support the selection of service providers as necessary and craft TORs and scope of work for the service providers.
- Supervise, monitor and certify the work of service providers for the various activities, and assignments
- Support the facilitation of linkages for enhanced access to financial services for project beneficiaries, including trader credit, contract farming, inventory credit, commercial development bank credit, and insurance
- Design capacity building and technical assistance measures and activities in the areas of primary production value addition market access, business management, quality control and standardization
- Consolidate state progress reports and contribute to the drafting of periodic project reports
- Any other duties / activities directed by the APA that will impact positively on the overall project delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree in any of the Agriculture related disciplines in Agricultural Economics, Economics Marketing or related disciplines
- Strong background and practical skills in business development and marketing with at least 3 years work experience on issues and programmes relating to agricultural commodity production, commodity marketing, agro-processing and value chain development and MSME promotion
- Conversant with the Niger Delta region working environment
- Previous experience in working with government and private sector in developing agri-enterprise agribusiness will be a great advantage.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be in the National Project Coordinating Office located in Port Harcourt.
- The officer will report directly to the Agribusiness Promotion Coordinator.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This position will be on for a period of two (2) years subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance.