The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organization Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrator
Duration of Contract: 1 Year
Work Hours: Full Time
Terms of Reference
- Perform a variety of administrative and operational duties for the program.
- Responsible for all administrative, budgeting human resource duties and planning for the NSTOP program.
- Perform a variety of routine clerical support function including word processing, data entry and other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with NSTOP cooperative Agreement (COAG) management and monitoring.
- Provide logistical support for the residents and other staff/stakeholder.
- Prepare and follow up on payment requisitions in regard to various activities within the program/project.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar of the various events, due dates and schedules. related to the assignment with the programs to ensure these activities occur as schedules.
- In charge of receiving and distributing of incoming and outgoing correspondences about the program/project.
- In liaison with the various program/project stakeholders assist in drawing program activity plans and observe their executions as scheduled.
- As assigned, prepare orders for purchase of materials, supplies and equipment open approval: maintain records of transactions of the same.
- Attend meetings: take, transcribe, and distribute minutes concerning the respective program as directed.
- Establish and maintain a variety of records and filing systems pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Maintain field reports from residents, staff/stakeholders assigned to NSTOP field activities.
- Maintains staff daily register.
- In consultation with the immediate supervisor make travel arrangements for various personnel under the program/project.
- Maintain records of program/projects.
- prepare and submit periodic project activity reports and updates which include but not limited to trips reports, weekly /quarterly updates.
- Handle any other assignment that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences, and other related courses
- At least 5 years of proven post graduate work experience in Administration in corporate environment or any reputable organization preferably an NGO.
- Exceptional customer-service skills and effective and excellent communication both verbal and written and relationship skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with MS Office packages and outlook and must be comfortable working with spreadsheets.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- You application should contain the following:
- Motivation letter, including discussion of understanding of assignment(s)
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their Application Letter
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.