Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: HR and Operations Officer
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an Administrative Assistant for the USAID-funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States.
The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
Scope of Work:
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Administrative Assistant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, with intermittent travel throughout the country. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the organization of meetings and events on and off-site as directed which may include the setting up of rooms/venues, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment are in place and functioning, taking minutes where necessary.
- Receive visitors to the office with a high standard of courtesy and hospitality and direct them appropriately.
- Assist the project operations team to manage stock out of office supplies and inventories, process vendor payments, and collate timesheets of long-term and short-term staff.
- Support in sending out reference checks and collation of Biodata documents of successful candidates.
- Support the collation of Onboarding forms and registration of staff to access healthcare.
- Submit the procurement action request for new requisition(s).
- Accurately track and record project inventory, ensuring proper maintenance and security of project assets at Country Office.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for project staff and visitors as requested.
- Support the operation of office equipment including reviewing maintenance requirements, arranging for necessary repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment.
- Maintain stock records for stationery and supplies for the office, working with suppliers and verifying receipt of supplies and requisitioning in line with office procedures.
- Ensures all required records are kept up to date and in line with SHARP TO 03 requirements.
- File and retrieve Project documents, records, and reports.
- Collects and sorts incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor or project leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration, Economics or any other related field. Professional qualification(s) will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience working in project administration.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in MS Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational, work prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, the general public, and partner institutions including international and local NGOs, and governmental entities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message of the project.
- Experience managing procurements and tracking inventory.
- Experience coordinating travel and logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Possess excellent organizational and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Fluency in English is required.
- The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the HR and Operations Officer.
- As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Administrative Assistant will be expected to closely coordinate work with other project staff, partners, and donors as per direction from the HR and Operations Officer.
Location of Assignment:
- The location of the assignment is Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.