YIAGA Africa Initiative focuses on in-depth research, providing critical analysis on key democratic and governance issues, crafting practical solutions, training and empowering citizens to lead change in their community. YIAGA AFRICA implements several innovative programs aimed at stimulating active citizenship, protecting human rights and deepening democratic governance. We invest in building networks and social movements to drive social change and transformation. YIAGA AFRICA has leadership structures and members in all 36 states and 774 Local Government Areas (LGA) of Nigeria. YIAGA AFRICA is registered in Nigeria as an independent nonprofit organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration and Human Resource Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Recruitment functions & continuous improvement of the onboarding program for new employees
- Develop recognition programs to highlight employees & their achievements
- Work closely with the management to assess & prioritize the organization’s strengths & weaknesses in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, regular feedback, periodic reviews and fair & unbiased employee evaluation
- Point person for conflict resolution and work in collaboration with management to provide appropriate recommendations / actions
- Work in collaboration with the management on local legal issues
- Prepare and review contracts, vendor agreements, permits & leases and ensure they are compliant with the Nigerian government guidelines and other legal requirements
- Monitor and maintain legal & ethical behavior standards within the organization.
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
Budgets Planning, Payroll and Compensation Management:
- Manage the preparation of staff payroll & ensure leave and time sheet tracking for updating any payroll changes accurately and timely
- Provide advice to staff & managers in relation to salaries, employee benefits, insurance (life & health), and any other employee related issues
- Ensure employee records are accurately maintained, regularly updated, and handled with a high level of confidentiality
- Working with accounting and management team to set budgets, monitor spending, and processing payroll and other expenses
- Working with management and program managers in reviewing grants to ensure adherence to donor requirements, acceptability of cost allocation and other proposal requirements.
Policies, Procedures & Administration:
- Develop, review & co-ordinate the overall functioning of administrative support systems for the organization, in terms of services, supplies and consumables
- Ensure the office is fully functioning and fit for purpose to enable staff members operate with maximum efficiency
- Development and maintenance of policies and procedures, staff handbook, travel policies and recruitment policies
- Provide administrative support for the department liaising with procurement department in respect of travels, allocation of office resources equipment and supplies to the organization
- Develop & maintain a central asset register; regularly evaluate equipment and plan / recommend up-grade for future needs
- Ensure the effective flow of communication (policies, procedures and information) within the organization
- Manage & supervise Administrative team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed
- Work with respective management team to update and implement Yiaga Africa development strategy, oversees individual solicitation leads and processes, as agreed with the ED
- Serve as a member and secretary of Yiaga Africa’s management team.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Law, Humanities or Social sciences, advanced degree
- Membership of CIPM, SHRM or other professional body is compulsory
- Minimum of 6 years working experience as Administration and Human Resource personnel or relevant experience in similar field
- Knowledge & understanding of a variety of areas within Human Resources including compensation & benefits, performance management, talent management and recruitment.
- Experience working with funded partners
- Familiarity with Nigerian laws
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven management leadership skills, while taking a “hands on” implementation approach when needed, in an organization
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power point
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
- High sense of responsibility and ability to handle difficult situations with tact & professionalism
- Proactive, motivated, ingenious, reliable, great attention to detail
- Team Leadership – ability to build a strong & cohesive team in alignment with Yiaga Africa’s culture, shared purposed and expectations.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should write not more than a one-page cover letter and send with a detailed resume as attached PDF documents to: email@example.com
- Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Yiaga Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, sex, tribe, religion, etc. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.