Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ACS Services Sales Representative
Job Code: 21000LXV
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Mission and Objectives
- To achieve the set Sales targets within existing assigned accounts and by creating new business and renewing existing contracts within the assigned territory or functional area.
- Responsible for the business sales bookings number for ACS services in the assigned accounts – works towards an allocated Sales Bookings target split in Software and Systems bookings
- Reports to ACS Sales Cluster Leader
- Contributes to ACS sales plans to address the various accounts in the target market, also developing profiles of targeted accounts
- Has no direct reports, but leads the activities of virtual teams in support of customers
- Works in a designated territory or industry on a defined set of customer accounts
- Works to identify all organizations (including existing Oracle customers) that fall into their designated space focusing on a targeted number that has a specific value proposition and sales engagement activity
- Works with appropriate Oracle Partners
- Works with other Lines of Business (LOBs),
Key responsibilities of the role apply to the accounts assigned to the ACS Representative.
- Responsibility for the business sales bookings number for ACS services in the assigned accounts – public sector primarily with some accounts in the private sector, like banks etc
- Responsibility for conducting territory analysis and associated business creation activities within the assigned business vertical and account assignment
- Responsibility for the creation of the associated business plans to accomplish the related business targets
- Creation of joint go-to-market activities with other aspects of the wider Oracle sales function
- Responsibility for working alongside ACS’s business development / sales program functions to facilitate the creation and execution of targeted demand generation activities
- Works to identify and cover all organizations (including existing Oracle customers) that fall into their designated account list focusing on building a strong pipeline and closing opportunities in a timely fashion
- Works with appropriate Oracle Partners, i.e. resellers, SI’s, ISV’s, technology partners and alliances
- Creation, attendance, and participation in Oracle funded customer-facing functions for business generation focused activities
- Active new business selling and ‘cold calling’ initiatives to potential new ACS customers
- Active up-selling of ACS Services in existing accounts including ‘cold calls’ to untouched areas of the respective organizations
- Being the point person for all ACS activities within the assigned accounts working closely with the assigned ACS Delivery employees
- A high visibility presence within the respective assigned organizations creating relationships with all aspects of the customer and business management
- Creation of a trusted advisor status within the assigned accounts and business management
- Management of all internal commercial activities for all business / Renewal and up-sell engagements
- Relationship generation and associated collaborative working with the other aligned Oracle sales and delivery teams.
- At least 10 years of direct sales experience, IT products or services selling to enterprise customers in Nigeria
- Deep understanding and experience of operating in Nigeria.
- Candidate with a technical background (educational and/or experience) will be preferred
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate senior-level customer contacts and proven business wins
- Has developed a solid network of customer senior contacts at C level as well as the partner ecosystems In Nigeria
- Knowledge of Oracle product sets and services will be a big plus
- Experience in working directly with customers as opposed to channels will be preferred
- Must have a solid track record of independently handling the entire sales cycle, managing multiple stakeholders right from positioning to closing
- Experience in managing multimillion-dollar deals and consistent quota achievement
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and carry out a complex sales cycle involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Sales of the organization’s services (e.g., maintenance and service contracts)
- Sells organization’s services (e.g., maintenance and service contracts); primarily finds new customers and generates new business
- Develops new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within an established geographic territory, industry, product segment, or channel
- 8 – 12 years of services sales experience
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Self-starter able to prioritize given responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- B.Sc / B.A preferred
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical / business skills in area of specialization.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).