Accounts Payable Officer at Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited: Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Purpose of the Role
- The Account Payable is responsible for invoices processing and verification, tracking of payment that are due, preparation of schedules for unpaid invoices, Payments of other bills and subsequent postings, Monitor and ensure payments are up to date, Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
Key Performance Areas
- Invoices Processing/ Verification.
- Invoice posting to the journals and ledgers.
- Payments to vendors (for services and products) and subsequent posting.
- Tracking of payments that are due.
- Preparation of Schedules for Unpaid Invoices.
- Odoo Payment Order Preparation.
- Payments of other bills and subsequent postings.
- Preparation of payable schedule on Excel.
- Monitor and ensure payments are up to date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Payment Book preparation on Excel.
- Reconciliation of payment book with bank statement.
Banks And Other Bodies:
- Liaising with banks and other financial bodies via mails and telephone.
- Payroll preparation (Both on Excel and Accounting software).
- Preparation of Schedule for Statutory Deductions (pension, NHIS, NHF, WHT, ITF, NSITF, and PAYE).
- Monitor and ensure to ensure payments are up to date.
- Payments of Staff salaries and Deductions on Odoo.
- PAYE, WHT, VAT, etc. Filing to FIRS.
- Payable Vault management.
- Cash withdrawal.
- Custodian of cash and cheques.
- Operation of Imprest System in Payable Unit.
- Verifications of Imprest Retirements from Units (Admin, Transport, ICT, Lagos Branch, Pharmacy, MD’s Office, Finance, and Maintenance) and Reimbursements on Odoo.
- All Units Imprest reconciliation on Odoo.
- Confirmation and Sending of daily foreign exchange rate.
- Purchase of foreign currencies and application of necessary forms to banks.
- Provide supporting documentation for audit.
- Answer audit query.
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closings.
- Maintain Vendors’ files
- Creation of appropriate files
- Maintaining a good filing system.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Sending of debit instruction to bank.
- Prepare and send cheques to bank.
- This role reports to the Finance Manager.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- B.Sc in Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in similar role.
- Very strong analytical skills – both quantitative and qualitative
- Solid awareness of key commercial and operational drivers of the business
- Ability to combine deep technical regulatory understanding, sound commercial awareness of business impact and solid understanding of stakeholder agendas to be able to set out the best regulatory approach for the company
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate complex issues simply and persuasively, both face to face and in writing
- Credible, comfortable and effective in engaging senior stakeholders (e.g. Executive Team, Board, Senior regulators)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage key formal processes with due care (e.g. clear audit trails and thorough documentation)
- Ability to take a sophisticated approach to risk management and compliance which balances often conflicting priorities to deliver the best overall business outcomes
- Integrity, assertiveness and resilience to ensure the company remains compliant with its regulatory obligations even when unpopular
- A high level of personal motivation (positive ‘can do’ attitude)
- Ability to motivate and develop others to build and lead high-performing
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while providing oversight to additional staff
- *This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.