Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacities without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physiotherapist
Job Code: CHL/LG/HR/2021/10/JAD/004
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Head of unit of Physiotherapy, the Physiotherapist is responsible for carrying out assessments to evaluate their patients’ range of movement and ability to carry out everyday tasks. Physiotherapists work to diagnose the causes of injury and put together a treatment plan, sometimes including exercises, manual therapy and electro-therapy (using electrical energy as a medical treatment). They also advice on managing long term conditions.
- The incumbent plans and develops bespoke treatment plans, which helps patients to regain their independence and mobility by using purposeful activity, write patient case notes, and liaise with other healthcare professionals. The holder will be responsible to diagnose, assess and treat physical conditions.
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuro-musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks.
- Diagnose, assess and treat patient’s physical problem/condition.
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercises and movement by use of a range of techniques.
- Formulating treatment plans to address the conditions and needs of patients.
- Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients.
- Educating patients, family members and the community on how to prevent injuries and live healthy lifestyles.
- Write patients case note and reports and collect statistics.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, occupational therapist and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as as to refer patients who require other medical attention.
- Keeping up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients.
- Supervise students and junior physiotherapist and physiotherapy support workers.
- To be legally responsibility and accountable.
- Assisting trauma patients with how to walk again.
- To act in caring, compassionate and professional at all times.
- Rehabilitation and pain management – introducing exercise to reduce and manage pain following surgery, injury or illness.
- Planning and organizing physiotherapy and fitness programs.
- Perform other task as assigned.
- BPT / BMR with other relevant certification.
- 3+ years of proven experience as physiotherapist.
- Understanding of physical Therapy’s best practice.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Tolerance and patience
- Good Physical health and fitness.
- Ability to work in a team.
- The ability to build a rapport with patients from a variety of backgrounds and communicate with their relatives and carers.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position Title and Code as the subject of the email.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.