MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Financial Operations Fixed Asset Accounting, Finance
Job Identification Number: 1119
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Finance Operations (Fixed Asset Accounting)
- Approve projects on project module as well as review CAPEX Steercom pack for correctness of the financials.
- Supervise schedules supporting value in Capital Acceptance filling application and ensure records and schedules are sufficient to meet audit/regulatory needs.
- Review, interpret and apply fixed assets policies to fixed asset transactions including purchase, valuation, revaluation, accruals and disposal.
- Develop, implement and communicate fixed asset processes, policies and procedures to all stakeholders; as well as participate in month end financial procedures.
- Review reconciliation of analysis of monthly additions to BTS with asset verification listings before capitalization and all schedules of all movements before updating the register.
- Review/reconcile all site pictures of newly integrated sites with planned implementation from NWG, before uploading on the Register.
- Analyze/reconcile items on electronic asset movement form and additional assets before updating asset register.
- Conduct/evaluate quarterly value audit and reverse logistics analysis.
- Schedule all MTNN assets leased to other operators in the group and review movement for compliance with the company’s policy.
- Ensure all new assets are properly tagged and setup in the fixed asset register for tracking purposes.
- Implement/update all accounting adjustments in the fixed asset register in line with the set accounting standards.
- Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical inventory of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
- Review all CAPEX and ensure PPOE is within CAPEX Steercom approved project, budget and board approvals.
- Ensure strict compliance of Purchase Requisition to procurement and capitalization PPP’s.
- Review aging analysis of CAPEX purchase orders, schedule of CAPEX analysis; reconcile capital commitment report with CPG project and ensure CAPEX Budget/ commitment reconcile with actual.
- Provide all information to stakeholders that will aid in the disposals of assets as regards theft and faults on sites and ensure verification of all assets on BTS sites/advise on their status on periodic basis.
- First Degree in any Accounting related discipline
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA) is mandatory
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in core accounting function
- Fixed asset accounting, fixed asset tracking, and general ledger experience is desirable.
Application Closing Date
11:59 PM: 10th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online