Accountant at Abuja Clinics: Abuja Clinics is a world class health facility dedicated to providing all your health needs, not only curative but also preventive. We boast of cutting edge equipment which aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions. We have highly trained and dedicated staff who provide excellent care. Our computerized systems ensure confidentiality and continuity. We aim to set a standard for medical care hence we continue updating and upgrading to ensure that you get the best.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, assisting with annual budgeting, compiling grant applications and expenditures reporting, preparing statistical and financial reports for creditors and agencies, maintaining records retention, and assisting the Principal and Senior Accountant in preparation of miscellaneous confidential correspondence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Utilizes accounting system, billing system, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliations.
- Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into General Ledger.
- Uses statistical, economic, and financial principles and techniques to prepare reports including the state Annual Report of Clinics and federal Uniform Data System reports.
- Assists the Financial Analyst with all grant application budgets for review by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
- Provides complex analysis and reasonableness tests to the budgeting process relating to Federal and State programs.
- Prepares various financial documents for compliance with regulations.
- Coordinates and maintains miscellaneous grant billings and reports; verifies all billings are complete and reconciled to the general ledger, and complies with complex grant expense reports as required by the grantors.
- Monitors and submits for mailing all periodic financial documents required by the interested creditors, grants, and government agencies.
- Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepare closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepare financial statements.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer in the compilation of miscellaneous confidential reports for use in collective bargaining unit negotiations.
- Supports and backs up the Payroll Clerk during vacations and absences, maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
- Maintains best-fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
- A First Degree in Accounting, Accountancy, or Banking and Finance is a must.
- Applicant must have at least 4 – 6 years of practicing experience as an Accountant in a similar industry.
- Applicant must be a Professional Member of ICAN or ACCA.
- He/she must be able to use MS Word, (Spreadsheet) Excel, PowerPoint, and other Accounting Software at a professional level.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.