Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Receivables Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
- As you will be responsible for receiving payments for goods and services and records these transactions accordingly. Overall, your responsibilities will include securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving any discrepancies.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with the financial policies and procedures of the company.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits and send them to the customers.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
Qualification & Experience
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in finance, accounting, and operational processes. ICAN membership added an advantage.
- Expertise in Reporting & Excel & Navision (added advantage)
- Good communication skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- Our longer-term objective is unparalleled personal and professional growth to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online