Food Concepts commenced operations in 2001. From inception, our aim has been clear-cut and focused: to revolutionize the food sector in West Africa and to deliver extraordinary satisfaction to our stakeholders.
Since launching in 2004, Chicken Republic (Subsidiary of Food concepts) has already opened 55 stores in Nigeria and Ghana. On this basis, we are proud of the brand’s hard-earned reputation as the fastest-growing chicken QSR in West Africa and the number 1 chicken QSR in Nigeria (both in revenues and number of outlets). In addition, Chicken Republic was ranked as one of Nigeria’s top 20 brands across all categories (Financial Standards Awards 2009).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Requisition ID.: 762
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Reporting to: Financial Controller
- To ensure payment record – account receivables and payables accurate, cheques writing, cash disbursement and other accounting support for Chicken Republic Stores.
- Processing of suppliers / vendor invoices for payment
- Maintaining the creditors’ schedule
- Ensure daily/weekly collection of Bank statements and confirmation of cheques
- Manage all forms of payment (internet banking, Remita, interswitch etc)
- Keeping the financials documents organized and filed
- Detect and eliminate errors in payment request
- Confirm all retirement before another cash advance is processed for a staff
- Ensure posting of items received by the store into appropriate Trade Creditor’s account
- Verify all intercompany transactions across businesses – review and sign off on all intercompany transactions across the divisions
- Confirm on monthly basis that charges on COT and Interest are in line with the agreed rate.
- Perform any other related duties from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
|Daily Cash Position||Daily (12 noon)|
|Review of Bank Reconciliation Statements||Weekly (WD 2)|
|Bank Charges / Interest Verification Report||Monthly (WD 5)|
|Report on Fixed Deposit||Monthly (WD 5)|
|Treasury Sectional Report||Monthly (WD 5)|
Educational Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of University Degree or HND in Accounting, Finance.
- Minimum of 1 year post professional qualification experience.
- Knowledge of complex Food manufacturing Accounting system would be an added advantage.
Functional Competencies / Requirements:
- Skill to improve risk management through reduction/transparency of cash balances
- Banking transaction execution and settlement skill
- Cash and investment reporting skill
- Compliance to audit observation as to the segregation of duties with reference to back office functionality of recording transactions through a systematic driven authorization/execution process.
General Management Competencies / Requirements:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Good Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Management
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online