Access Bank Plc is a financial institution with presence in 9 countries in Africa and the United Kingdom and in all major cities in Nigeria. Also referred to as the Africa’s Bank of Best Practice, Access Bank operates on a platform of strong ethics, governance and professionalism.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Type: Full time
Category: Information Technology and Cybersecurity
- Access Bank’s technology teams take on the continent’s biggest financial and data challenges for our over 40 million customers, building the platforms and partnerships that affect millions of people every day.
- Customers are at the forefront of everything we do and ensuring customer’s concerns are addressed is vital to the success of the Bank. We are driving change to be the World’s most respected African Bank
- We are seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to join our Data Management Office (DMO) team.
- This is a highly technical, hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The successful candidate will have a mixture of deep technical know-how as well as data analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with other cross-functional technical teams and will serve as key players in the Advanced Analytics group of the DMO.
- Responsible for discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of data.
- Make smarter decisions to deliver even better products, services, improve our customer relationship as well as optimize our business processes.
- Application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) / Data Mining (DM) techniques, doing Statistical Analysis (SA), and building high quality prediction models/systems integrated with our platforms to bring Business Value
- Optimizing AI/ML/DM/SA models, and operationalize them in productive environments.
- Integrate model outputs into business applications (like CRM, ERP), and Reporting/Dashboarding tools (Microsoft PowerBI, Reporting Services) or develop if needed web-based front-end layers.
- Identify business challenges and initiate process improvement projects
- Facilitate the computerization of analytics and data collection processes
- Provide analyses for large datasets necessary for decisions using actionable insights.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Master’s Degree in appropriate field of study.
- Relevant Professional Certifications.
- Minimum of 7 years of equivalent work experience in the Retail Banking sector
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience n operationalizing in real life / production AI/ML/DM/SA solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with common data science toolkits/frameworks (TensorFlow, Spark ML, Azure ML) and solutions/languages, such as Python, Jupiter, Microsoft AI/ML platform/toolset, SQL-Server ML
- Must have led / supervised a team of at least 3 Data Scientists.
- Solid understanding of Real-Time data Processing tool like Kafka, as well as with Spark.
- Competitive pay
- Career Growth
- Merit driven performance management system
- Adequate training and development
- A robust employee recognition program.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online