Access Bank Plc is a financial institution with presence in 9 countries in Africa and the United Kingdom and in all major cities in Nigeria. Also referred to as the Africa’s Bank of Best Practice, Access Bank operates on a platform of strong ethics, governance and professionalism.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agric Business Head, Commercial Banking Division
Job Type: Full time
- As the head of Agric Business in Commercial Banking, you’ll take a lead role in delivering an outstanding experience to our Agricultural customers.
- You’ll acquire, manage, retain meaningful relationships with our customers, using your financial knowledge to offer thoughtful solutions to help address their financial needs
- Reports to the Executive Director Supervising Agric Business Group
- Responsible for providing policy direction on agricultural lending processes and procedures.
- Responsible for developing processes, procedures and products for the SBU.
- Responsible for assessing Agric credit risks in liaison with credit risk management.
- Responsible for developing business/market along viable Agricultural value chains.
- Responsible for managing all Agric lending activities with Business Unit’s and Credit Risk teams.
- Responsible for maintaining an “intelligent” database of all Agric Business activities and reporting in liaison with other units.
- Responsible for monitoring the portfolio performance in line with banks objectives and targets.
- Responsible for administration and supervision of all Agric Business Group’s staff.
- Responsible for training, discipline and performance of Agric Business Group’s staff.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by Executive Director.
- 10+ years of experience in Banking and in the Agric Sector. A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial banking; commercial credit knowledge and an ability to quickly learn new products and services
- Possesses sound judgment and is creative in providing credit/deposit solutions to bank clients
- Significant experience with commercial credit decision making authority, with experience in complex capital structures and cross border transactions
- Minimum intermediate level credit skills with the capability to demonstrate advanced level credit skills to be appointed a senior credit officer
- Able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading teams through complex change; a reputation for retaining, attracting and developing talent
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrate innovative approaches.
So, what can we offer you in return?
You can expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity! This is inclusive of but not limited to:
- Competitive pay that surpasses industry and matches global standards
- Career Growth
- Merit driven performance management system
- Adequate training and development to help improve your knowledge.
- Employee recognition based on Performance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.