Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Academic Cloud Advocate – Modern Workplace, Data Science and AI
Job number: 1246611
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type Full-Time
- Are you insatiably curious? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation?
- We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We’re excited to support and contribute to open-source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
- This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
- We are looking for Academic Cloud Advocates who will be instrumental in building a large and vibrant student developer community through student mentorship in collaboration with Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors and Imagine Cup programs.
- You’ll also be empowered to create amazing, authentic demos/content on a broad range of technologies, provide and generate robust engineering feedback around Azure and developer tooling utilized by Academic Developers and build interactive workshops with Microsoft Learn. Join us as we inspire and earn the hearts and minds of developers broadly
- As an Academic Cloud Advocate in Student Developer Programs, the core impact of this role is engaging and growing our university engagement through our educators and students, Microsoft Learn Ambassadors programs, Imagine Cup competition, hackathons, and workshops on campus plus online skilling with Microsoft Learn.
Content Delivery, Experience, and Strategy
- Drive content delivery with broader scope for multiple features or a set of key scenarios related to a product. Use understanding of how content within academic domain impacts educator and student experiences to deliver content, experiences, and strategy. Influence both feature development and the content experience. Ensure content experiences adhere to guidelines/standards/values (e.g., accessibility, inclusive content, Microsoft brand guidelines, compliance, search engine optimization). Leverage data from multiple sources to align content activities to business metrics and assess impact. Adapt content services to local markets and cultures.
- Apply principles to develop relevant, technically accurate content designed for educator and students. Helps develop content plan that bridges surface, aligns with product strategy, and translates into content tasks in collaboration with cross-functional teams. Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., engineering, research, design, product) to understand products/content areas/features and problems to author optimal content. Develop content by first understanding prototypes and ideation of features for product/content/feature area(s). Apply a foundational understanding of in-product content and/or delivers code, samples, and prescriptive guidance to meet user needs.
- Review and improve content for possible inclusion in a portfolio for one or more areas. Follow approval and review process with team members. Work with stakeholders to assess shipped content for potential improvements and to incorporate changes. Test and build customer scenarios
Driving Business Impact and Continuous Improvement:
- Leverage tools, processes, and methods to ensure content is relevant, accurate, and timely for audiences across markets. Identifies the data required to help measure content impact. Improves tools and customizes processes and workflows appropriately for their content area and evangelizes improvements to team members. Interpret data and audience feedback and converts it into improvement recommendations as they relate to content relevancy and optimizations related to monetization. Use understanding of the impact of technology (e.g., products, features, tools, algorithms/machine learning) on content delivery to determine how to use technology to align content with user needs (e.g., identifies queries). Participate in “item flighting” of features to sample with a small proportion of the users. Contribute toward improvements to the content experience, content development processes, and content-driven business impact.
Partner Engagement (Internal or External Educators and Students:
- Evaluate products, services, and issues from the partner and audience perspective. Use understanding of developing trends in audience feedback and data to determine whether changes in programming strategies and tactics or additions in features are necessary. Develop ongoing relations with educators and students designed to ensure that content is being ingested in a timely manner and Microsoft quality standards are being realized. Contact partners to follow up on issues and solutions to ensure their needs have been correctly and effectively met. Ensures content production is working efficiently and takes steps to address it if necessary. May identify and suggest new partners to peers or leaders. Represent Microsoft and participates in partner relations in external events. Helps to generate and/or lead local opportunities with lead generation or monetization partners.
- Engage with students and educators to address customer feedback. Strive to make content educator and student focused by facilitating information sharing and incorporating changes from educators and student’s feedback. Engages with educator and student’s communities to provide support and expertise (e.g., blog posts, social posts, conversations, speaking at events).
- Build relationships with key influencer faculty, foster a healthy and vibrant technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field, developers and academic community programs like Microsoft Learn Educator Ambassadors, Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors and Microsoft MVPs.
- Recruit and mentor Student Developers in your geographic region and mentor them through the Microsoft Learn Ambassadors, Imagine Cup, and hackathon events.
- Focus on Microsoft products and services within AI/ ML, Modern Workplace, BizApp and Data, Web, Applications, and Azure Infrastructure.
- Network and build relationships with the students and educators and earn their trust and respect for Microsoft technologies.
- Learn and understand the current state of content experiences in one’s area of expertise, including knowledge of tools, techniques, strategies, and processes that can be utilized to improve process efficiency and performance. Maintain knowledge of current trends within the discipline. Stay updated on industry and competitive trends and adjusts the content strategy as needed. Share knowledge and best practices within teams and projects.
Project / Program Management:
- Ensure stakeholder alignment and identifies and mitigates risks for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., engineering, product, design) to design and enhance customer and content experiences. Align with expectations for content delivery and contributes to timely delivery. Manage change, negotiate deadlines and deliverables with stakeholders, prioritizes work, and advises management on status, under guidance.
- Consider cross-functional inputs and balance competing business objectives. Communicate content status and performance to cross-functional teams. Collaborate with vendors to produce specific content within the scope of a larger project or within a small region.
- Ensure vendors are meeting service level agreements (SLAs). Serves as a point of contact to answer questions, provide feedback, and review work.
- Review writing tasks completed by vendors/freelancers for one or more area(s). Begins to facilitate and ensure the outsourcing of parts of work to different vendors/freelancers.
- Onboards vendors during the initial process. Creates calendar of work for assigned vendors to complete.
- Focus on Microsoft products and services within AI, Modern Workplace, BizApp, Data and Data Science.
- Ability to translate ideas into various mediums for effective, audience-appropriate consumption.
- Ability to work under deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Passion for helping connect people and communities to Microsoft technologies inclusive of open source with a particular emphasis on engaging Student developers that are actively learning.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging preferred).
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Understanding of student developers that are seeking to upskill, and why/how they make choices about the technologies they use.
- You have a “pulse” on the tech industry and a willingness to learn, share, and improve. Ability to self-study; ramp to latest technologies.
- Travel may be required depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Language fluency in English plus the primary language for the geographic location of this role.
- Embody our culture and values
Required / Minimum Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in program management, digital content publishing/management, or experience in a writing or editing role
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 5+ years’ experience in program management, digital content publishing/management, or experience in a writing or editing role
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years recent experience with digital publishing modalities (e.g., Web, social media, in-product, training, online ads).
Skills and Experience:
- Principals of authentication scenarios including Azure AD authentication, OAuth authentication and OAuth Flows.
- Experience of developing against the Microsoft Graph including Graph SDKs and endpoints, OAuth, Azure Active Directory, MSAL/ADAL libraries etc…and the ability to develop REST API.
- Experience of developing against Microsoft AI services.
- Experience of Power Automate Flow native actions, custom connectors, adaptive cards and calling out to APIs.
- Strong knowledge of adaptive cards and actionable messages within Microsoft Teams.
- Experience in the development and technical architectures of solutions consisting of all aspects of the M365 stack including, Teams, SharePoint & Azure.
- Strong knowledge on the SharePoint security model and its capabilities.
- Experience in SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong understanding of supporting technologies including Windows Server, SQL Server, .NET Framework, IIS, Clustering, NLB, Storage Capabilities, ISA Server, and SQL Reporting
- Strong familiarity with Cloud Services
- Experience working in Agile Methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Business Acumen
- Compliance Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Content Discoverability
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Data Analysis
- Decision Making
- Diversity Promotion
- English Language Proficiency
- Information Architecture
- Legal And Regulatory Requirements.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online