Afrilearn is an award-winning education technology company actively integrating genius tutors, animators and developers to provide affordable, world-class education for Africans anywhere. Our team consists of skillful and fun-loving people who are passionate about education, technology and media. Together, we are building Africa’s best-loved education brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: 2D/3D Animator / Motion Graphics Artist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an individual who is fluent in one or more of classical animation, character animation, and/or motion graphics.
- Applicants should be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures and should rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Projects include 2D animation for communications templates for video projects.
- Between 1- 4 years of experience in the field or allied domains will be useful.
Samples of your most recent work on PDF or a link.
- Must show a high level of technical skills and ability in creating the animated movement with traditional animation experience.
- Strong character and competence with the ability to work within a team.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and think creatively while meeting deadlines.
- Specialization and/or expertise in classical animation, character animation, motion graphics, and dynamic typography.
- Strong grasp of principles of design, layout and frame composition, and principles of animation is a must.
- Ability to follow storyboard and design reference accurately and work in a range of styles and with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge and experience with Adobe After Effects (including Duik, Boa Bones and other plugins; Forward-Inverse Kinematics, Puppet Pins 3rd party plugins Red Giant Trapcode Suite, VideoCopilot Suite including Element 3d and others, Plexus, Newton and other Physics Simulators, Motion V2, etc.), ToonBoom, Character Animator, Adobe Animator and Photoshop Timeline Animation, etc.; and
- Ability to spot and rectify shortcomings in efficient design practices and a strong intent to mentor and learn from peers.
Remuneration / Benefits
- Pay is attractive.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, portfolio / showreel and application telling us a bit about yourself to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Excellent Animator” as the subject of the mail.